During the last century, the psychological clinic was led in Europe by a Viennese psychiatrist named Sigmund Freud, who built a whole influential mental theory from the patients who came to his office.
What indicates that I have good mental health?
If health is not the absence of disease, but the optimal state of physical, psychological, and social well-being, the essential thing is not to avoid disease but to achieve well-being, in this case, psychological well-being.
- Self-acceptance: one of the most important aspects is that you are able to accept yourself and love yourself.
It does not mean that you suppose that you are perfect, the eighth wonder, but that, being aware of your limitations and your imperfection, you feel comfortable with what you are.
- Positive relationships: Those who are mentally healthy are also capable of establishing fraternal relationships with others.
They do not see a threat behind each person who approaches them or die of anxiety before the others, so they develop and always surround themselves with pleasant people. They always have friends.
- The domain of the environment: People with good mental health have a sense of control over their surroundings. It doesn’t matter how bad my present situation is if I have confidence that I can do something to change it.
- Autonomy: Healthy people are autonomous, which does not mean that they are selfish. They like to be surrounded by others and, as already mentioned, they establish positive relationships.
However, they are not looking for the other for fear of loneliness but because they enjoy being with him, although they know how to sustain their individuality in the midst of the company.
- Purpose in life: Definitively, healthy people do not walk through life to walk, but are building things.
Their life has a meaning, a purpose, and they spend it fighting for their projects, whether they are family, work, academic, etc.
- Personal growth: And if part of the matter was accepting oneself despite your own limitations, another essential aspect is being able to fight to further develop the potential that you possess and to transcend the defects that you have today.
So now you know. Here’s a guide to how healthy you are. Use it as a mirror and consciously aim to reach the aspects that you have not yet developed.